Cross Stitch Bunny Easter Cards To Make Yourself
First things first, I love to craft! Easter cards to make with kids is a fun thing to do in the lead up to Easter.
With no projects on the go - or more rightly: one doona cover in progress but too big to face this afternoon - I thought about adapting a cute Valentine's Day card tutorial I saw on @homelycreatures to be Easter themed. After all, there are chocolate Easter Eggs and Hot Cross Buns in the supermarkets already!!
Now, this Easter craft for kids is probably for 5+ with some help, my 8 year old loves stitching up craft ideas like this and can do it himself for the most part. PRO TIP: He found making the holes with a thumb tack better as it was easier to push through the card than a needle. For me this Easter card idea is what I'll be stitching up while watching Netflix this weekend. Netflix and craft = a good night in!
- Blank card, these are available at craft stores, Kmart, Officeworks, etc. or any piece of cardboard you have on hand - just fold it in half and trim to size
- Embroidery thread or wool
- Our free Easter craft template printed out
- Download and print our Free Easter card tutorial and template
- Start with the blank card
- Cut out the TEMPLATE and centre on the front of card
- Use a needle or thumb tack to poke holes through each of the marked dots
- Remove the printed template
- Using a needle and embroidery thread/wool:
Tie a knot in the end of the thread and pull the needle through the holes you have created to make a series of X-shaped stitches - see our stitch guide on the template page for more help.
You are cross stitching! Hurrah!
- Follow the pattern by doing a cross in each area as shown
- Finish it off by tying a knot inside the card
- Now you can add your own "Happy Easter" or "Congratulations!" to the front and your personal messing inside
- Be proud and give it with love!
Amazing!! You’ve finished your own cute handmade Easter card!
Share your hard work on Facebook or Instagram and tag @lilcreatures or #lilcreatureslove so we can see it!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.