Sometimes it’s hard to figure out the perfect way to send a baby card message when you’re stuck for inspiration or direction. So, to help you out, I’ve created a few easy tips to support you in crafting a seamless gesture, complete with appropriate wording and emotion. Whether it’s for a baby shower, a first birthday, Easter or another special occasion, read up on how to show just how much you care for the little girls and boys in your life.
Over the years, I have handwritten hundreds and hundreds of beautiful notes and heartfelt messages for our customers. I thought I would share some of my favourites here, and some of my own, for your literary inspiration.
I have grouped them so you can easily find what occasion is relevant to you, though of course many will work for other occasions too.
You can also click on the following links to find an option for your specific occasion:
You can use the prompts below to craft a lovely message for your choice of recipient.
NEW BABY'S CARD MESSAGE FOR A BOY OR GIRL
When the newest addition to your circle enters the world, here are a few ways to mark the event and say congratulations:
- “Lots of love for the arrival of your long-awaited little bundle of joy!
- “Congratulations on starting your family, Scarlet is one lucky little mite to have you both as parents. Just wanted to send over something that makes you all smile even more.”
- “For my new best friend, I love you so much already.”
- “You two are going to make such amazing parents.”
- “Welcome to the world, Estelle! How exciting. Can't wait to meet her.”
- “So excited for your next chapter in life.”
- “Congratulations on the arrival of little Logan. Wishing you all a lifetime of love, health, laughter, and happiness together. We are so happy for you. Welcome to the world Logan.”
- “Dearest Clementine, Congratulations on choosing Lilly & Woody as your parents. Great decision. They are truly wonderful people who love you and will take great care of you.”
- “You are the luckiest bub around with the coolest mummy, daddy & big sister.”
- “Congratulations on the safe arrival of Maple. The whole world just changed for the better.“
- “Welcome earthside baby Ralph!“
- “Dearest Hugh, here you are! Welcome to the world my little love. Can't wait to cuddle you in person!”
- “Congratulations on your beautiful new baby. We would love a cuddle but, hope this little outfit will be a reminder of us until we finally get to meet you.”
- “Congratulations to you both, how wonderful to have a beautiful healthy little boy! I am sure you will fit your new roles with great skill and joy! We are all excited for you both and wish you lots of joy and happiness.”
- “We are so, so very happy for you both - Iggy chose the best parents!”
- “We hope this brings a smile to both you and your bub.”
- “We love you both so much and are so excited to finally meet your handsome babe.”
Have you seen our Baby Gift Sets? Click here to see the selection.
SAY CONGRATULATIONS WITH BABY SHOWER WISHES
There’s no better way to celebrate the impending birth of a little one than by throwing a baby shower – but it can be hard to know what to say, especially when you may not know whether it’s a boy or girl yet. Here are a few ideas to get you started.
- “So excited to shower you and your baby in love today!”
- “You’re going to make a wonderful mum!”
- “Many congratulations on your impending bundle of joy. Good luck on your greatest adventure yet.”
- “So happy for you two! That’s going to be one lucky baby.”
- “I love seeing your dream come true like this. You will be the best parents!”
- “Just a little gift I wanted to send you with love and excitement for your new addition to the family, very soon!”
- “Best wishes for a lifetime of happiness with your new little bub. We are so excited and thrilled for you and your family.”
- “Welcoming your new baby with wishes of health, happiness and plenty of sleep.”
- “You two deserve every bit of happiness this baby is going to bring you.”
- “Warmest congratulations to your beautiful family.”
AN AUSTRALIAN TWIST:
For the littlest new addition to our sun-kissed country, here are a few ways to say greetings and g’day:
- “For your precious cute-as-a-Koala baby. May he have all the blessing of the Lucky Country”
- “G'day little one, we hope you have a great time living the koala life of eat, sleep, and repeat. Lots of love from your friends here in Australia.”
- “Congrats guys. Here is a little something for the young bloke to look sharp in.”
- “To my amazing new niece or nephew - your Auntie loves you very much and hopes you enjoy this Australian Koala package from the other side of the world!”
- For the new bub, with love from Australia.”
- “I saw these little koala baby toys and couldn’t resist getting it for yours! I love you and your adorable family all the way from Aus.”
- “Your little fella has a teeny bit of Australian in him somewhere - here's a little something to help him channel that inner Aussie!”
- “I hear the dropbears down-under can be fierce – use this to disguise your little bub as one of them to keep him safe.”
- “Congrats! A little something so baby Bruce doesn’t forget his Aussie roots.”
- “Congratulations on the arrival of a new little part-Aussie!”
- “Your little one will be koala-fied for many, many snuggles in this outfit.”
WHAT TO WRITE IN A 1ST BIRTHDAY CARD FOR BOYS OR GIRLS
Congratulations! You and bubs have made it to that all-important milestone. Here are a few heartfelt messages to help mark the occasion.
- “Dear Penny, it has been a great pleasure watching you grow day by day for the past year, your twinkling eyes and infectious smile has brought me much love and Joy and I'm sure will do so for many years to come. A Very Happy First Birthday!”
- “Dear Amelia, Wishing you a happy 1st birthday! One is such an awesome age to be!”
- “Wishing you a very special 1st Birthday our dearest boy!”
- “You won’t remember this day but hopefully you will know how much we love you. Happy birthday!”
- “I hope you have a ONE-derful birthday.”
First Christmases are oh-so special – especially witnessing all the magic through bubs’ eyes, with all the wonderment of childhood and experiencing Christmas for the first time.
They may not understand what’s going on just yet (and may be more fascinated with the wrapping paper than anything else), but looking back these will be cherished family memories forever. Here are a few ideas:
- “Welcome to the world Ellery! Can't wait to share your first Christmas with you.”
- “Merry Christmas my lil fatty! You will always remind me of Christmas pudding – though I love you even more than I love it!”
- “Merry Christmas baby Levi. Wishing you a very merry first Christmas filled with joy and laughter until your little heart is full.”
- “Every Christmas is magical, but this year is even better because of you!"
- “Although we know you love being a rudie nudie, we thought you would look adorable just being Rudie – Merry Christmas!”
There’s nothing more exciting for little ones than to wake up on Easter morning, go egg-hunting with big, colourful baskets and see what the Bunny has brought. Share the excitement with these delightful messages:
- “Happy Easter Miss Emily! We are sending huge bunny hugs and chocolatey kisses.”
- “Your mum always loved the Easter Bunny, so I'm sending you this little suit so you can show her each day that some bunny really loves her! Happy Easter!”
- “We are sure you will be the most egg-cellent Bunny in this outfit! Happy first Easter gorgeous.”
- “Hippity Hoppity Happy Easter little one.”
FROM EXTENDED FAMILY
Family is truly the gift that keeps on giving. Here are a few fun ways to welcome the latest addition to your brood:
- “Welcome baby Hannah. We are blessed to have you in our family.”
- “I am so excited to meet the newest addition to our family. The day is getting closer and I promise to love your little one as much as I love you!”
- “My niecey nugget little koala, may you be warm and snuggly this winter.”
- “Welcome to the world Milly! I‘m so excited that you’re finally here. Looking forward to the many play dates. I promise I will share my toys.”
- “Welcome to the family little one! Looking forward to seeing some snaps in this outfit. Cannot wait to meet you.”
FOR TWINS AND MULTIPLES
What a surprise! Twins are double the fun. Here are a few ideas to say congratulations and hello to the new little boy and/or girl:
- “A double-dose of love! What could be better?”
- “Welcome to the world Teddy and London!! We love you both very much already.”
- “Born with a best friend, Petal and Fleur are so lucky to have each other, and you both as their parents.”
SENT WITH MILESTONE CARDS
There are all kinds of exciting firsts – in the first year, especially. Commemorate all the special little moments and achievements with a personal touch and a sweet, thoughtful message that can be looked back on for years to come. For example:
- “Congratulations! Enjoy all these special moments and more with your new beautiful bubba.”
- “Every milestone is worth capturing.”
- “We’re so pleased to hear the wonderful news!! We’re really excited for you both and hope this time brings lots of wonderful and long-lasting memories. Mark the occasions with these cute cards.”
- “You’ll never forget get a thing – no matter how little sleep you’ve had with these clever cards!”
- “We hope these milestone photos will make such a treasured keepsake.”
Let’s not forget the perfect message that ties it all together and signs off appropriately. Here are some examples of the many I have written to inspire you.
- “All our love,”
- “Love always and forever,”
- “Love your bestie,”
- “Loads of love from,”
- “With excitement and love,”
- “Thinking of you, with blessings and love,”
- “Lots of love and kisses/ cuddles,”
- “Lots of love and cuddles,”
- “Lots of love from your friends here in Australia.”
- “Love and hugs,”
- “Best wishes,”
- “Aunty & Uncle love you very much!”
- “All our love from Australia,”
- “Lots of love,”
- “Happy snuggling,”
- “Over the moon,”
- “Tickled pink,”
- “With love from your friends in Australia!”
- “Love from all of us here at [company].”
Occasions don’t get much more exciting than the arrival of a new bub. From the pregnancy announcement with all the hopes and dreams that lay ahead to the wonderful news of the birth – it’s a special time for expecting parents and all of their loved ones. It is only natural to want to share their joy by sending a beautiful gift with a message of welcome and congratulations … though not everyone is a wordsmith and coming up with what to say doesn’t always come that easily.
I hope you've found this helpful and are now feeling inspired to write your own personalised message. Just remember, the perfect gift card message for a new arrival should be happy and heartfelt, to convey your best wishes, your excitement and joy at the new arrival and the start, or growth, of their beautiful little family. They needn't be all serious either. Some of my favourite new card messages are the cute and cheeky Aussie and koala-themed ones!
I look forward to handwriting out your personal messages for you to make your gift perfect and special.
x Lil' Carly.